Stagnation can be described as remaining on the same spot or position without any reasonable progress I –spite of available opportunities or resources. It is a danger to the believer in Christ because He expects us to flourish and make progress in every aspect of our lives. Jer 17:17-8, Ps 92:12 the devil however want to keep us on the same position to give it the opportunity to steal away our blessings and he must e resisted steadfastly. J 10:10
THE STAGNANT MAN
‘and a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;’ Acts 3:2
• He had a long standing problem of mobility and he conditioned his life around this – Conformed to the problem. Rom 12: 2, Heb 12:2, Jer 27:32
• Everyone around him were satisfied that he should just live the bare minimum of life- no one wanted to bear his burden in prayer. Gal 6:2, Matt 18:19
• His life became a routine of begging for the left over from others and the race set before him was not run, he began to observe others run their race of life as a spectator and not a participant. Heb 12:1-2, 1 Cor 9:24-27, Eccl 9:10, Col 3:23
• The destiny of this man was vandalised, put on hold, delayed. He was a star that did not shine. Isa 60:1-2
• The potential of this man was limited to his career of circumstances – begging for a mere pittance instead of being a blessing to the nations as he was ordained to be. Deut 7: 13-15, 28:1-13, Gen 12:3, Jn 7:38-39
• The man became conditioned to poverty and his thinking and mentality was of that of a poor beggarly person always seeking for the left overs from men and never having enough. Phil 4:19, 1 Cor 3:21-23
• The man only witnessed biological growth in age, his season I life kept on going without being fulfilled and God was disappointed. Eccl 3:1-5, 3Jn 2, Jer 29:11
THE TURNING POINT CAME
A turning point is a point of change, it can be described as the point when the negative motion in the life of person comes to a halt and then changes over to a positive motion of victory, blessing, increase, favour and breakthroughs among others.
1. When believers arise to use the resources of God it happens. Zech 4:6, Rom 8: 19-21, 2 Cor 5:20, Matt 5:14-16
2. When you deploy faith in the Almighty God, He honours your faith. Mk 11:22-24, 9:23, Acts 3:5
3. Employ the power and authority in the name of Jesus. Phil 2:5-8, Acts 3:6
The whole of creation is waiting for your manifestation, God is waiting for you to call Him into the situations so that you do exploits and he is glorified. Start today. Dan 11:32, Jer 33:3.