Text: Dan 6:1-3
God in His wisdom uses what we can see to teach us about spiritual things that may not be easy to see. The story of king Darius and his kingdom has so many lessons for us to learn from.
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;
- Darius represents God and His kingdom however unlike the earthly kingdom of Darius, God’s kingdom is great, everlasting, large and outstanding. Ps 24:1-2, Isa 9:6-7, Isa 66:1
- It is God’s pleasure to give me the Kingdom. Lk 22:28-30, Matt 16:19, Jn 15:16, Rom 8:28-30
- His choice of me is a reward for my faithfulness in time past and my confidence in Him. Gal 6:7-9, Matt 25:14-30, 1 Cor 15:58
And over these three presidents; of whom Daniel was first: that the princes might give accounts unto them, and the king should have no damage.
- Know that God chose you, blessed you, equipped you and thus you are accountable to Him. Rev 22:15, Gen 15:1, Ps 58:11, Lk 23:41, 1 Cor 3:8
- I am called, chosen by God to ensure that His kingdom suffers no loss, damage or elimination. Matt 5:14-16, 2 Cor 5:18-20
- I am called specifically to show forth the praise and glory of God. 1 Pet 2:9, Eph 3:10, Gen 1:28, Jude 3, 2 Tim 4:7
Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.
- It’s our duty to make our calling and election sure, grow in Him and keep yourself worthy! 2 Pet 1:5-10, 2 Tim 2:19-22
- God’s Spirit is already in true believers. Ps 32:8, Isa 58:11, Rom 8:14, 1 Jn 2:27
- Keep on improving in order to remain God’s choice- Gen 26:12-14, Ja 1:17, Gen 5:22-24, 1 Cor 2:9-12
God has a choice at all times, if you do not play according to His rules, He can substitute you. Are you chosen of God yet? You can invite Him into your life today. Are you making your election sure? – you can grow in Him today. What is your decision? Are you preparing to take your place in the Kingdom or do you want to be part of the silent majority?